Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Who is our Hope and the Great Physician of our souls and bodies. Across the many illnesses, diseases, persecutions, wars, and theological upheavals that have occurred over the centuries, our Lord has NEVER abandoned us. He brings us hope, comfort, and peace. In response to the COVID-19 Virus, The Metropolis of Chicago has directed that all liturgical and non-liturgical events be suspended until further notice. In these uncertain times, we should surround ourselves with the Christian armor of prayer and remember that our hope rests in God alone, who is the author of our lives and the health of our souls and bodies. We should also remember that our best defense and protection is trusting in the Lord and placing ourselves in His care and protection. May our gracious Lord bless, guide, and strengthen all of us in these challenging times. Below are the Parish COVID-19 Guidelines and a link to resources.
COVID-19 Parish Guidelines
Worship Services including Holy Week
- We will live-stream worship services. Only the priests and chanters can be present per the Metropolis directives.
- The church will not be open to parishioners until further notice. Please remain at home.
- The sacred services of our Orthodox tradition for Holy Week and Easter will continue to be observed in the Parish following the directives of the local Metropolis and in accordance to the mandates of the respective State and Health authorities. Therefore, the “closed-doors” policy will be strictly enforced, the services will be broadcasted via the internet, and they will be celebrated only with the participation of the priest, the chanter, and the acolyte.
- Abiding by the regulations of the aforementioned State and Health authorities, there will be absolutely no distribution of the traditional material offerings to the faithful, including palms, candles, Holy Unction, flowers, eggs, and the Paschal Light.
- The Holy Week Services will be abridged as is necessary for the current conditions. I.E., processions in front of the camera and not around the whole church, etc.,
Sacraments: Weddings, Funerals, and Baptisms
- Are closed events to the family only. Social distancing and hygiene precautions will be enforced. Please contact the Holy Apostles Church Office for more information.
Pastoral Visitations by Clergy
- Only allowed for end-of-life circumstances.
- All parish facilities remain closed to parishioners and the public.
- No activities, ministries, or other gatherings of people are allowed on-site or off-site.
- The Parish office will be working a restricted series of in-person hours.
Apr 6, 2020
March 31, 2020
MARCH 26, 2020
MARCH 22, 2020
MARCH 21, 2020
MARCH 18, 2020
MARCH 16, 2020
MARCH 14, 2020
MARCH 6, 2020